Problems with FIRST DOSE!! Question

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby Biologist » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:21 pm

G2B, what were your original cholesterol levels that excited your doctor?

Thanks.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby gone2beach » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:27 pm

LDL 255

HDL 137

Triglicerides 139
gone2beach

Postby gone2beach » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Hit send too fast...I felt I could do it w/ diet!!
gone2beach

Postby schatzi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:26 pm

gone2beach

Yes, it can be done with diet and supershots. I know not everyone here agrees with me.

Example: In Dec 08 my husband was told his LDL is too high at 113, he is diabetic. Get it down with diet or else STATINS!

Knowing the problems I had with statins, he choose to research and found Promise Supershots. Within two weeks his LDL was down from 113 to 79. He just had bloodwork and here are his current results:

LDL 81
HDL 43
Trigl 48
A1C 4.6

He feels great!

My husbands initial results encouraged me to try the supershots as well. My results as of 12 May 2009:

LDL 81down from 141 in Feb
HDL 43 up from 41 in Feb
Trigl 107 up from 105 in Feb

I feel well other then still dealing with the side effects from long term Statin use, about 16 years, Some have improved and others are lingering, possibly will never really get over the poison that was prescribed.

I realize the Supershots are not a cheap alternative, about $1.75 a day for two daily servings, one after breakfast and one after dinner. However if you don't have insurance or a high copay it will cost the same or more, and in the long run you won't jeopardize your health and well being.

Even my cardiologist and primary care Dr. agree that Statins are not for everyone and won't prescribe to anyone that cannot tolerate them.

Hope you give superhots a shot, no pun intended. Wishing you well.

schatzi
schatzi

Postby Biologist » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:58 pm

G2B,

Thanks.

My belief is that your numbers were fine as they were.

Your HDL is/was the highest HDL number I have ever seen.

I think you should forget about your cholesterol numbers.

The higher your cholesterol numbers are, the longer and healthier you will live -- that's what the studies show. However, if someone stays consistently over a total of about 350, it may be time to take a look to see what's up.

Forget about your doctor's advice regarding your cholesterol. He does not know what he is doing: Women do not benefit in any manner from statins. Ever. That is what the studies show.

For others, I would suggest someone findout/research the biochemical mechanism for "the shots." If they perform as HMG CoA Reductase Inhibitors in the Mevalonate Pathway, they are statins.

BTW, I believe a doctor prescribing statins to a diabetic may be another good candidate for being someone not knowing what he is doing.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby Biologist » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:09 pm

"The higher your cholesterol numbers are,
the longer and healthier you will live -- that's
what the studies show. However, if someone
stays consistently over a total of about 350,
it may be time to take a look to see what's
up."

While nearly true for all, that statement should have been qualified as being applicable to the elderly.

Biologist
Biologist

Thanks

Postby gone2beach » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:05 pm

Yes, I am doing the supershots...but just 1 per day as that is what I can afford right now...and almost 3000 of the fish oil...I cut out all alcohol from my diet, which might be contributing to my triglycerides being a tad high...and basically just cut down my meat portions some... We DO eat healthy diets...good old meat, taters and lots of veggies. Very few desserts and we're not really into the sweets. In the past 30 days I have lost 6 lbs, exercising more by....WALKING!! I feel great...I will keep in touch and let you all know what my numbers are in 3 months.
gone2beach

Postby Biologist » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Ooops !!

Sorry, G2B. I read your numbers wrong. You reported the following:

________

LDL 255

HDL 137

Triglicerides 139
________

For some reason, I looked at your "LDL 255" and saw "TOTAL 255" !! Time to get some reading glasses...

So disregard my previous post or consider it in light of my mistake. In your boat, I would be doing some research. I would want to know why both are so high. Your ratios may be good though. Cut the carbs to lower Triglycerides. I am into lower carbs more than fat, but if it works for you...

Keep us posted.

Biologist
Biologist

Yeah...

Postby gone2beach » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:01 pm

I figured you misread...that is why I said I cut out the alcohol..specifically beer, which is carbs period. And portion control. At or under 1200 cal per day and 90% of the carbs are from fruits....not breads/flour products.

Everybody is different and we all have to learn to listen to our own bodies...
gone2beach

Postby Biologist » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:00 pm

To all:

Dr. Mercola came out with this video yesterday. We see here he uses the "cut-off" of a 330 total cholesteral level versus mine of 350 (based on Henry Lorin's interpretation of the applicalble medical literature).

*http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/06/06/Tips-to-Lower-Cholesterol-Naturally.aspx

Note that hs suggests lowering insulin levels via lowering carbs to lower cholesterol levels naturally.

BTW, Dr. Mercola is a fan of Dr. Graveline's work and has previously cited him in his blog.

Biologist
Biologist

Thanks...

Postby gone2beach » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Great information, the more I read, the more I learn!!

Thanks for sharing that video and information!!
gone2beach

woop...lost the site...back again

Postby gone2beach » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:22 am

Just wanted to report that now my total cholesterol is down to 155!!
gone2beach

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs